Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Beam Flexure & Shear Design to Canadian Code CSA23.3-04

The following is the simple spreadsheet that was written for CSA A23.3-04 code.

The spreadsheet results are compare with the Concrete Design Handbook examples and found to be accurate. The following are the comparison.

Concrete Design Handbook                          Spreadsheet Program

Eg.2.1  Mr = 209 kNm  As=1200mm2        As = 1222mm2                                                        

Eg. 2.2  As = 2468mm2                               As = 2489mm2

Eg. 2.4 As = 5674 mm2, As' = 1047mm2    As=5675mm2, As' = 1050mm2

The values of spreadsheet tally with the CSA A24.3 design handbook. The program is accurate. I shall extend this to all the one way, two way slab design, retaining wall, columns design etc.

Next time, I will post my spreadsheet that can analyse the rectangular , circular columns and beams section.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Can you forward me a copy? I would like to do some design using your program.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sing-Ann,
Can you send me a copy of this spreadsheet please?
my email is e.v011@yahoo.com
thank you

Unknown said...

Can you forward me a copy???
ahraiche@gmail.com